A New Day

Last night I finally swatched and casted on for my hourglass sweater! I have been putting it off the last week or so until I finished a few other projects. My swatch came out a bit short at 3.8in x 4.0in. All in all, I figured out that by doing the 41 inch size, I would end up with a size just shy of 39. This is totally fine by me, because I probably don’t need the full 41 inch size. I figure that if I do need that extra inch or two, I can fix that with some blocking. So, I think I have the sizing problem solved and am going to be making a new and improved sweater that (achem, hopefully) fits me well. I am still a bit nervous about it being too big around the waist, but I defintely don’t want something too tight either. More news to come on this one!

In other news, I finished my first pair of baby booties for the Preemie Project over the weekend. They were super easy, though I did make a mistake in my first one (it turned into a kitty toy). I am working on a matching hat too! I hope to make at least a few sets of these in various colors over the next month or so..

P.S. Sorry about the not so good windowsill pictures, but if any of you are in Boston, you know what I am talking about. There is no way in hell I am stepping outside in the freezing cold, wind, and rain to take knitting pictures. It would all blow away! Poor tomato plants out back…

Comments are closed.

Post Navigation