Falling Leaves

The Falling Leaves socks are finally done (yes, these are the socks I started while in Ireland). There was something so serene about finished up the second sock.. maybe it was because this pair is now tied to so many wonderful and beautiful memories of a place far away?! I hope so…

Kali was very impressed with the socks too. She spent about 10 minutes sniffing every last detail…

Pattern: Falling Leaves pattern from Knitty.com
Yarn: Sunshine Yarns in Shamrock
Measurements: Made to fit a women’s 8.5
Started: May 20, 2006
Finished: August 29, 2006
Other Details: The pattern got really boring after a while, but it is really beautiful! I love how my yarn knit up and thought that this colorway was so perfect for the pattern and the trip to Ireland :)

13 Thoughts on “Falling Leaves

1. Stacey on August 31, 2006 at 9:41 am said:

the perfect yarn for that pattern! I did that same pattern and was glad they were finally done…the pattern is nice, but gets a bit tedious after a while! They are beautiful!

2. Jofrog on August 31, 2006 at 10:17 am said:

Hopefully you get that same serene feeling every time you wear them! Congrats on FINALLY finishing them. ;-)

3. Beth S. on August 31, 2006 at 10:27 am said:

Say, those look pretty good! :-)

4. Stephanie on August 31, 2006 at 2:00 pm said:

Gorgeous socks. I love the green. Nice shawl too. You’ve been busy.

5. irishmama on August 31, 2006 at 2:10 pm said:

They are beautiful, love the color and the pattern

6. Knitnerd on August 31, 2006 at 8:40 pm said:

Both the socks and the shawl are really beautiful!

7. Catherine Kerth on September 1, 2006 at 3:33 am said:

love’em! nice color yarn too;)

8. They turned out very cute!

9. Beautiful. The colour fits them perfectly.

10. They’re great! I’ve been waiting to see them and will cast on one of these days!! Thanks for your email suggestions too!

11. I love the falling spring leaves look! They turned out wonderfully.

12. beautiful! I love it when knits are tied to a certain memory/ place :)

13. Kate Lathrop on September 18, 2006 at 9:03 am said:

Hi Dani – love the socks! What size needles did you use? I tried 2.0 and 2.5 and kept getting an UGLY result. Thanks!