Sockapaloooza Finis!

I finished my sockapaloooza socks just in the nick of time! Last night I wove in the ends and blocked. I love them and hope my sock pal does too!! I am a little worried about the size, so I’m keeping my fingers crossed. Her foot is around 10″ long and these measure about 10.15″. She also has a 9″ measurement around the ball of her foot and I got a measurement of about 8.25″ with no stretch. I am sure there are lots of you out there that are in the same situation…. Its HARD if your foot is a totally different size because you lack the ability to try it on for size (which is the only way I’ve ever knit socks). You can see from some of the pre-washed/blocked pictures below, how big they are on me :)

And, look! They are all blocked and all ready to go!

Project specs:
Pattern: Embossed Leaves from Winter IK 2005
Yarn: Sunshine Yarns in Raspberry Limeade
Measurements: Made to fit a women’s US10.
Started: April 5, 2006
Finished: May 1, 2006
Other Details: I magic looped it once again and love how these came out. I don’t think I changed anything about the pattern. I used a slightly heavier yarn (a super heavy fingering weight/light sport weight and US2 needles).

14 Thoughts on “Sockapaloooza Finis!

1. Catherine Kerth on May 2, 2006 at 12:31 pm said:

they look awesome! ;)

2. Jodee on May 2, 2006 at 1:01 pm said:

wow Dani I hope you are my sockpal! Those would fit me and I LVOE the colors!!

3. Ann on May 2, 2006 at 1:01 pm said:

Well, the measurements are practically right, so I’ll just assume those are for me. Thanks so much Dani, I absolutely love them. I’ll be waiting by the mailbox. Really. And if they’re not for me? Well…I’ve got the yarn and I’ll have to make some myself. Sheesh.

Absolutely lovely, Dani. They make my heart sing.

4. irishmama on May 2, 2006 at 1:50 pm said:

They are absolutely gorgeous. I love the color and the pattern.

5. Emma on May 2, 2006 at 2:01 pm said:

Beautiful!

6. Carla on May 2, 2006 at 4:48 pm said:

Gee wiz I am a size 10! Maybe they are on thier way to me?

7. Christine on May 3, 2006 at 4:58 am said:

They look fantabulous!!! I am sure she will love them!

8. Kelly on May 3, 2006 at 5:09 am said:

fab socks!!!

9. Stephanie on May 3, 2006 at 7:12 am said:

Gorgeous. Your pal is very lucky.

10. Brandie on May 3, 2006 at 11:34 am said:

They are lovely socks!! My feet said they look very comfy too =)

11. Zonda on May 3, 2006 at 3:36 pm said:

Love them! Great job and they look really comfy!

12. Carola on May 7, 2006 at 8:12 am said:

Those socks are so pretty. I adore how the colours of the yarn resemble leaves and flowers at the same time in this leave lace pattern. Very neat. I’m hoping, I’m hoping.. the shoe size seems to be okay for me ;-) Anyway, great job and your sock pal will love them!

13. Allegra on May 7, 2006 at 3:55 pm said:

Love the Raspberry Limeade!! Is that the yarn shown on Yahira’s blog (bitterpurl??) Are you going to be dyeing more of that colorway?!?!?!?!

14. primdollie on May 10, 2006 at 4:18 pm said:

Oh I just love these socks they are fabulous!! I just found your etsy shop and now your blog!! I am a new knitter and need all the help I can get!!! so far only simple stuff!! and I just love your yarns and will be back!! I would love to know where to find this sock pattern so that when I do learn how I could try to make them!! thanks!! I’m bookmarking your site!!
    Hugs Linda