Sockapaloooza

I need to get crack’in on my sock pal socks. Last weekend I dyed up some yarn for her in lovely pinks and lime greens. This is one of the only times you will ever see me knitting with pink, so enjoy it while it lasts! I originally started out with the Falling Leaves pattern, but then switched to the Embossed Leaves from Winter IK after having some sizing issues. These are perfect! My only concern is that the cuff is going to be too tight for her…. they stretch out right?!?

12 Thoughts on “Sockapaloooza

1. Chris on April 9, 2006 at 8:40 am said:

Oh, that sock is lovely!! Um, I would think they’ll stretch out some, within reason – but I haven’t knit that pattern…

2. Kathy on April 9, 2006 at 9:58 am said:

Those are so pretty in that yarn, Dani!

3. gleek on April 9, 2006 at 10:28 am said:

mine stretched after a couple of wearings. the second sock that i made, though, i casted on with a larger needle and that helped stretch it out a bit. i love these socks!

4. Carrie on April 9, 2006 at 10:49 am said:

Love the sock!!!!

5. parikha on April 9, 2006 at 11:08 am said:

i was worried about the cuff, too; my sock pal’s feet are slightly larger than average. i put my fears to rest by trying the socks on myself while wearing another thick pair of socks underneath (to simulate a larger leg); thankfully, they fit fine.

i love that colorway, by the way :)

6. amysue on April 9, 2006 at 3:36 pm said:

Stunning socks! The pink and greens and lovely pattern make for a very happy pair of socks!

7. Kristina on April 9, 2006 at 3:37 pm said:

Oh! So pretty!

8. Monica on April 10, 2006 at 6:04 am said:

Pretty happy spring colors!

9. Patty on April 10, 2006 at 8:37 am said:

Looks beautiful Dani. Your guidance and the 48 stitches were perfect for the calf concern I had too -I tried them on my honey and they were perfect!

10. Vicki on April 10, 2006 at 6:01 pm said:

It looks great! I love the pink, so I’ll enjoy it now while I can :)

11. Catherine Kerth on April 10, 2006 at 8:07 pm said:

i have missed some awesome posts! but i am all caught up now! your silk is beautiful! and the embossed leaves are wonderful… she is going to love them garenteed! oh oh oh another skirt by dani! remember the one you made last year? the waist was a little big, but i looked so great!

12. rachel m. on April 16, 2006 at 10:19 am said:

oh man, i love that yarn.