Like Stephanie, I am going to jump on the bandwagon and reflect on the past year as I have only a few hours left before the New Year strikes. As I look back, I realize that I have taken some major strides in knitting in addition to the rest of my life.
Top 5 for 2005
1. New Technique: My favorite new knitting technique is being able to knit socks. I love them and there is just something so satisfying and comfortable about wearing a pair that was hand-made. Overall though, I have to say that dyeing is what I am the most proud of. I didn’t start dyeing until July and think that it is a wonderful art that every knitter should try.
2. Favorite Finished Object: My favorite finished object is the Wave Skirt. I love it and wear it tons. In terms of something I have gifted, it would have to be the Birthday Bouquet I sent to my mom. I love the fact that you can make almost real looking flowers out of two sticks and string :)
3. Favorite Knit Along: I haven’t done many KAL’s, but I would have to say that the Hourglass KAL was great since it was my first sweater.
4. Favorite Shop: I love A Good Yarn in Brookline Village and Black Sheep Knitting in Needham, MA. Between the two, you can find almost any yarn your heart desires!
5. Favorite Tool: My niddy noddy. There is nothing like being able to make a perfect skein out of some newly dyed yarn.
Resolutions for 2006
1. More For Me: More garments for myself! I find that I knit way too much for others which leads to more simple projects. I would like to do at least five or six sweaters and lots of socks :)
2. Fair Isle: I haven’t really done any fair isle and would love to do a nice sweater and/or some nice socks.
3. Spread More Color: Each time I dye, I learn so much more about color and technique. I hope to continue to expand Sunshine Yarns while still having fun with it all!
4. Baby Knits: I’ve never knit any baby sweaters and think that it is time to start building up some stock for future babies. I guess it’s better to do it this way than to wait until the last minute!
5. Crochet: I don’t really care for the “look” of crochet, but think that it has its purpose. So, I am going to try one simple crochet project this year.. maybe a nice bag?!
So, what are your goals for 2006, and what are you most proud of from 2005?